Human Resources Manager – eastern Wisconsin (near Sheboygan, WI.)
Our client is a major food manufacturer and has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager for a very important manufacturing facility that recently completed a $240 million capital project. The HR Manager will assist and drive the development and implementation of all HR related policies and initiatives at this eastern Wisconsin state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The HR Manager ensures that programs, policies, initiatives and procedures support overall business objectives by focusing on employee relations, staffing, performance management, training and development, engagement, compensation and all governmental and Company compliance activities.
The HR Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team and is a strong business partner, working with the leadership team to enhance culture and employee engagement. This position provides oversight for the salaried group and more than 140 union hourly associates. The HR Manager partners with internal and external resources to provide and develop and human resource capabilities needed to achieve business success. Effective resolution of employee relations issues and assurance of compliance with organizational policies/practices union contract and governmental laws/practices are also critical functions.
· Provides direction and counsel regarding human resources aspects of plant operations.
· Manages labor and employee relations.
· Handles requisition, recruitment, interview and selection.
· Resource for plant manager regarding human resources topics/compliance.
· Leads in the development, implementation, and auditing of policies and procedures.
· Leads talent management, organizational development, and organizational effectiveness processes/initiatives for location.
· Analyzes training and development needs.
· Lead in the development and administration of training programs.
· Assists in the strategic development and planning process.
· Manages regulatory compliance efforts.
· Manages plant benefits, compensation and payroll related process.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or other Human Resource field required. Masters degree preferred
· Minimum of 5 years generalist hands-on experience in Human Resources required.
· Experience with larger sized workforce.
· Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· Food Manufacturing environment preferred.
· Human resources Certification preferred: PHR, SPHR
· Union experience.
· Strong communication skills and ability to lead and drive change in a manufacturing environment.
· Action oriented but compassionate style; ability to relate to associates at all levels.
The company offers a generous salary and bonus plan and an outstanding relocation policy.