The Manager, International Tax Operations will join our leading global blue chip client's Tax Department and will be a key role in supporting the US International Tax team. This key position will be primarily responsible for the preparation of the international tax components of the U.S. federal income tax return and will assist in meeting various other U.S. and foreign compliance and reporting requirements, including the analysis and implementation of international tax developments. The Manager will also assist as needed with US international tax controversies and international tax planning and there is opportunity for growth in this area.
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual US international (foreign rate differential, subpart F, GILTI, foreign tax credit) calculations for inclusion into the global effective tax rate calculation.
- Prepare/review international portion of the U.S. Income Tax Return Forms 1120 and 1118, including information reporting on Form 5471, Form 8858, Form 8865, and all related elections and disclosures ensuring accurate tax filings.
- Maintain supporting calculations and documentation of earnings and profits pools, tax pools, PTEP, and US tax basis for foreign subsidiaries and/or branches.
- Analyze and calculate taxable distributions and provide other analysis in connection with cash repatriations.
- Determine and maintain supporting documentation for 861 allocations to foreign source income.
Manager - International Tax Operations
Top global blue chip life science/pharma company
Location: Chicago, IL
Pay Range: $95,000 to Around $140,000 plus bonus and RSU
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance; Masters in Taxation a plus
- CPA preferred
- Significant experience in financial reporting and domestic compliance for US international tax matters, including Subpart F, GILTI, foreign tax credits, and repatriation of foreign earnings
7 to 12 years of progressive US international tax experience in Big 4 public accounting and/or publicly held multinational company