The Senior Project Manager will provide day-to-day project management leadership to global drug development project teams. The position will work closely with the Global Program Leaders to establish and maintain project plans and budgets, organize and lead project team meetings, foster communication and coordinate between functional groups. The position will be responsible for ensuring adequate resourcing to meet goals, identifying risks and mitigations and providing updates on project status to project team leaders to ensure the timely supply of quality products to our patients. MUST have pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience or will not be considered.
- Work closely with the Program Leader to assist in the management of development program(s) including planning, execution, and reporting on projects and milestones
- Oversee and manage the effective coordination and facilitation of cross-functional team meetings from a program management perspective. Ensure team meetings have prepared agendas, allot adequate time for presenters to prepare, and complete timely composition and issuance of meeting summaries/minutes.
- Develop and manage global, integrated cross-functional plans by:
- Identifying key deliverables for each function
- Understanding and outlining inter-dependencies
- Ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability
o Coordinate project level budget/resource forecasting and manage project procurement activities
- Monitoring progress and adherence to timelines
- Identifying project risk and issues and facilitating resolution
- Work with the team to create, organize and maintain plans and timelines needed to achieve the defined objectives of projects
- Track key issues to facilitate resolution
- Proactively identify constraints, risks, and conflicts that could impact the project schedule and work with team members and management to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ensure the timely and adequate follow-up on action items, identification of project issues and resolutions
- Coordinate activities with external business partners, where applicable; contribute to achieving partnership contract deliverables
- Contribute to team effectiveness; facilitate resolution of team dynamic issues
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Business or related field, required
- 8 years of experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other healthcare-related field, required
- 5 years of experience in a drug development Project Management role either supporting a Development function (e.g. Clinical Operations or Regulatory Affairs) or Medical Affairs or Clinical Development Project sub-teams, required
- PMP certification desirable
- Drug Development knowledge with a good understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing & Operations, Commercial, and Regulatory
- Experience with NDA/BLA/MAA filings highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Distinguishes proper balance between strategic and tactical thinking
- Ablity to interface effectively with all levels, including senior management
- Self-motivated, comfortable in fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and effectively present information
- Demonstrates creativity and foresight in anticipating and solving complex project issues
- Self-directed, process oriented and able to work well in a team environment
- Hands-on expertise with project management tools (e.g. Planisware, MS Teams, MS Project, etc.)
- Good understanding of financial and resource planning
- Fluent in English
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
· Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
· Climb stairs or ride elevators.
· Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
· Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
· Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
· Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
· 10 – 15% travel is required for this position.