The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in the design, development, evaluation and testing of metrology systems with expertise in the field of calibration and metrology. The candidate will be able apply statistical process control, mathematical and advanced engineering tools and technologies in order to accomplish various metrology and engineering objectives. Specific experience with multiple measurement disciplines in areas such as CMM, vision measurement systems, mechanical gauging/fixturing, vacuum/pressure decay, liquid/gas flow and other technologies is required.
Specify, order, equipment/instrumentation and fixturing per project plan and product specification.
Create and gain approval of metrology protocols for test equipment and methods.
Prepare calibration procedures/calibration job plans and associated training materials.
Perform measurement uncertainty analysis for primary/working standards and process instrumentation.
Perform Vendor Quality Audits of calibration service suppliers and oversee vendor quality issues.
Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with complex calibration and metrology issues.
The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical and diagram forms. Deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Serve as technical expert regarding calibration issues during regulatory inspections.
Provides technical consultation to others pertaining to measurement problems and leads technical project teams.
Implement corrective and preventative action projects pertaining to calibration and measurement issues.
Establish measurement traceability of laboratory standards and ensure that their processes are in a state of compliance.
Develop training plans and materials, conduct training and maintain professional competency.
Comply with required quality, safety, and operation/distribution quality system documents - such as our quality manual and policy, good documentation practices, plant safety commitments, general safety requirements, personal protective equipment program, and good manufacturing and distribution practices.
Great location with a well established large organization with a great mission.
- BS degree with 7 years’ experience preferably in electrical/mechanical engineering or 10 years’ experience in a Metrology/Calibration position supporting a pharmaceutical, chemical, and/or like industry.
- Previous metrology experience in both Manufacturing and R&D environments.
- Active involvement with professional metrology organizations preferred.
- Support off-shifts as needed (24x7)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with an ISO 17025 and or ANSI Z540 accredited environment.
- Familiarity with requirements of accreditation bodies (A2LA, NVALAP, ILAC-MRA)
- Great interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
- High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Experience with physical processes and complex analytical equipment a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and accomplish goals while working across departments is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and build and maintain collaborative relationships with individuals and teams across functional boundaries at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP), CAPA (TrackWise), and Document Control (MasterControl and/or Agile) is preferred
- Ability to use all the following PC applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred