Automation and Controls Engineers are needed for a premier engineering consulting and systems integration firm in 8 locations; Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, New York City, St. Louis, and Boston. Work on a wide range of projects in a variety of industries from automotive to healthcare to food and beverage. Constantly learn new technologies to continually provide cutting edge solutions.
Why work here?
- Hit the ground running on projects on week one!
- Project responsibilities and interactions with clients to solve real-world problems!
- Expect ongoing training on cutting edge technologies!
- Fun culture with offices locations in premium areas!
- Be surrounded by super-smart humans!
- Competitive compensation and bonuses!
- Full benefits, 401k matching, Profit-sharing!
- Program applications to meet & exceed customer requirements
- Engineering tasks in supportive and leading roles at all stages of projects
- Develop robust applications in accordance with company standards & best practices
- Project planning/system architecture design assistance
- Program implementation
- System testing
- Communicate with team members and clients
- Respond to customer needs
- Travel to customer sites when needed
- Commissioning of solutions at customer sites, including troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems
- Perform programming and engineering tasks
- System design and design assistance
- Help train new employees
- Convey knowledge in presentations, SOPs, knowledgebase articles, client case studies, and white papers
- Develop & maintain relationships with key contacts, vendors, and clients
- Assist in writing project proposals
- Seek, identify, and discuss new opportunities with new & existing clients
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering or related field (GPA of 3.0 min.)
- Demonstrated interest and ability to program, including text-based languages and object-oriented concepts
- Experience with multiple technologies, such as PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, Servo Control, LabVIEW, Machine Vision, etc.
- Project-based development experience
- Cradle-to-grave controls project experience
- Quickly learn new technologies
- Possess complete grasp of scientific method of problem solving
- Ability to follow patterns & build upon established models
- Understand complex system designs
- Ability to estimate time to complete familiar tasks
- Ability to create methodology to solve novel problems
- Ability to design systems based upon previously used designs
- Estimate your own and others' time for completion of familiar tasks
- Write project proposals
- Customer Service
- Technical Writing