Our client is one of the world's largest supplier of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and airport-related equipment replacement parts. The company supplies replacement parts and accessories for all types and brands of GSE. They provide supply chain management, on site supply services, single source supply, logistics solutions, engineering solutions and other cost reduction programs.
They are currently seeking experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join its Distribution Center at their Global Headquarters in Long Island
- Supervises the quality team
- Participates in the selection of manpower for the department, evaluates their efficiency and suggests proper training and professional development
- Facilitates and trains quality department staff to ensure the departmental objectives/indicator are met and maintained, ensures department keep continuous improvement
- Prepares department’s annual budget
- Reports and analyzes Reliability KPI's
- Proposes and Implements company quality policy and standards
- Develops and maintains required facility / equipment certifications
- Prepares and directs the monthly quality meeting where he/she raises to the attention of the steering committee and the quality issues that are not properly managed or under control.
- Manage the DMS and CPA Process
- Facilitates the process for ISO 9001/14001 and other certification, developing policies and procedures for full implementation in line with the group procedures
- Assigned as ISO Management Representative
- Leads formal and informal internal audits of all materials, processes products and systems as needed
- Manages the Environmental audits of the documentations and the facilities for the local regulation compliance
- As owner of the DMS system for the company, assures that:
- All required documentation is logged and managed in the DMS system
- All other document systems migrate to the DMS
- Participates in established standards & procedures for continuous improvement.
- Coordinates with Engineering / Product teams to manage supplier quality.
- Leads formal and informal audits of vendors, performs supplier evaluation and follows-up improvement projects with supply chain department
- Confers with representatives of material and component suppliers to obtain information related to supply quality and vendor quality standards
- Coordinates quality issues of on-site production, proposes correction and preventative actions for suppliers on Non-Conformance parts, provides the supply chain team with the proper data for claims for compensation from suppliers for NC-Non-Compliance parts if needed
- Leads First Article inspection process with related departments
- Analyzes all procedures, inspection techniques, and inspection equipment and implements improvements that will enhance inspection effectiveness
- Supervises and controls all incoming inspections, warehouse picking inspections, assembly line self-inspections, adjustment & testing routines as well as green tagging inspections
- Establishes, revises and maintains all incoming inspections, warehouse picking inspections, assembly self-inspections, adjustment & testing inspections as well as green tagging, and outgoing inspection systems, equipment, gauges, records, and print files, in accordance with company Quality Assurance policies
- Supervises and trains that all staff is skilled and knowledgeable in state-of-the-art inspection techniques and Quality Assurance policies to minimize scrap and rework, increasing profitability, improving quality, and assuring customer acceptance of products
- Shares information with sister plants about quality problem of parts or pre-assembly and to unify quality standard of TLD group
- Ensures the internal communication and corrective action plans, as of the continuous improvement plan.
- Must be able to Write and speak English
- Manages the GREEN TAG Process (delegation of this GT process must be approved by COO)
- Monthly analyzes the WC report
- Ensures that the factory develops a corrective action on all reported and accepted.
- Manages and follows the associated actions internally and externally
- Other tasks as required by CEO
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Graduate with a 4-year degree in a technical subject.
- Inside sales experience
- Ability to read and comprehend parts and service manuals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of modern quality assurance and environment systems, including ISO 9001/14001.
- Knowledge of the GSE products (Ground Support Equipment).
- Familiar with aviation / aerospace regulation and rules.