Job Summary of the Senior Firmware Engineer:
A Senior-Level Firmware Engineer with Linux application experience is required to play a key role in developing the embedded software system for a developer of advanced security technology. You'll also provide support in specifying, designing, implementing and releasing the embedded software products for R&D software development department for one of our clients in Thorofare. If you have 4+ years of experience with embedded real time C/C++, Linux and embedded RTOS along with the knowledge of In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers, then this position is well suited to you.
This is an exciting, growing company that has just build a new development center with state-of-the-art faciliities and tools. They offer a solid growth path both in the technical and managerial direction. The company has an open, employee-centered culture with numerous company events and support of charities chosen by the employees.
Responsibilities of the Senior Firmware Engineer:
- Specify, design, implement, release, and support embedded software products for R&D software development department.
- Participate in embedded design projects from concept to production.
- Develop utilities, using C/C++, scripting in support of the embedded system development process using Linux.
- Supervise junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role.
- Lead small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
- Writing and executing Engineering / System test plan-cases.
Qualifications for the Senior Firmware Engineer:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- 5+ years of experience as an Embedded Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ and embedded real time C.
- Must have experience in Linux : Application , Driver development and kernel knowledge
- MUST HAVE experience with Linux development, including experience with 32-bit microprocessor architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers.
- Experience with Wireless and Wired technology viz. Ethernet (TCP/IP), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular.
- Background in Python, Perl, or VB programming is a plus.
Compensation of the Senior Firmware Engineer:
Salary Range: $90000-$100,000-/year, depending on experience
Location: Thorofare, NJ
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. Only US Citizen and Green Card holders can apply.