Job Summary of the FPGA Engineer:
FPGA Engineer with FPGA design and Digital Signal Processing Systems experience is required to play a key role in designing, implementing, and testing FPGA-based digital signal processing solutions for a variety of EAS and RFID products for one of our client in Thorofare. This client is a global leader which provides the security solutions to the retail environment. If you have good experience with architecting and implementing Digital Signal Processing Systems, functions and algorithms, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the FPGA Engineer:
- Understand product requirements, architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
- Support the full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
- Must understand technology trends to suggest improvements for engineering design processes and engineering tools.
- Must be flexible, organized, results-oriented, problem solver who requires minimal supervision.
- Must have drive and the ability to thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with Hardware, Software and Systems Engineering personnel to develop solutions.
Qualifications for the FPGA Engineer:
- BS in Electrical Engineering. Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA Development tools: ISE, Vivado and Xilinx SoCs desired
- Experience with FPGA simulation to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Experience with System Generator, Matlab and Simulink
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Knowledge of embedded processors, C programming language and SOC development for FPGA devices
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis and Timing closure)
- Experience writing detailed verification test plans and test reports
- Ability to estimate FPGA resource requirements
- Experience with HF, UHF and/or RFID software defined radio-based systems desired
- Experience with interfaces, communication protocols and bus standards such as: USB, AXI, I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232/422/485
- Experience designing with memory map and register-read/write across interfaces following company proprietary protocols
Compensation of the FPGA Engineer:
Salary Range: $80,000-$125,000-/year, depending on experience
Location: Thorofare, NJ
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. Only US Citizen and Green Card holders can apply.
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - DSP, FPGA, design, implement, test, “digital signal processing”, EAS, RFID, Hardware, Architect, requirement, simulation, Matlab, Simulink, Xilinx, VHDL, verilog, synthesis, "timing analysis", verification, Modelsim, Vivado, "Finite Impulse Response", FIR, IIR, "Fast Fourier Transform ", FFT, "Discrete Fourier Transform ", DFT, Kalman, oscilloscope, " spectrum analyzer", "logic analyzers", "real-time embedded software", RTES, RTOS