Love your job!
This is a real "purchasing manager" role in that the person hired will be managing Purchasing Agents and buyers. This is tactical, not strategic.
The Purchasing Manager leads a team of buyers that manages all aspects of an assigned group of commodities and suppliers for productive type materials for company in support of the development, manufacture and sales of the company’s products.
- Experience leading a group of buyers and developing them to their highest and best, reflecting on-time purchases, cost savings, and an overall improvement in the department.
- A strong supply chain leader and a proven buyer for industrial manufacturing on higher volume low mix product.
- 7 years of related manufacturing supply chain experience in direct procurement in the manufacturing industry with related raw materials of castings, forged or metal stamping products (metals, electronic, engine frames, compressor sections, aluminum, titanium, chromium, steel, nickel alloys, electrical, pumps, plastics, motors, powertrain, electronics, industrial engines, parts)
- Experience supporting short-medium order lead-times, highly engineered components in a complex supply chain.
- Strong leadership and knowledge of processes/tools that get drive fill rate improvement (material availability) and inventory management.