Tiffin, Ohio area
Depending on experience, salary up to 80K
Do you enjoy spending the majority of your time on safety initiatives?
Do you have experience working in safety at manufacturing sites?
This position could be for you!
Due to growth, stable manufacturer is recruiting an EHS Supervisor to lead the safety programs for their fast-paced plant. The EHS Supervisor will report to the Vice President and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Monitor, improve and regulate the plants safety policies and processes
- Keep updated documentation related to environmental and safety policies and regulations
- Create and deliver safety training to team members, including OSHA training related to confined space, lockout/tagout, etc.
- Make presentations to management team related to safety initiatives
- Complete accident investigations and reports
- Perform regular site audits for safety compliance
- Maintain the SDS database
- Monitor and track employee safety training
- Serve as the point of contact for external regulatory agencies (OSHA, city officials, etc.)
- Assist with safety compliance and projects at other locations
- Completing additional tasks as assigned
Candidates should be willing to spend time on the manufacturing floor leading safety initiatives. Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, work on multiple tasks and be hands on. This position requires candidates to be on the floor up to 20-30% of their day, depending on project work. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates. This is a salaried position with medical, 401K, life insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
REQUIREMENTS for the EHS Supervisor:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree with at least three years in a similar EHS position or an Associate's degree with at least five years in a similar EHS position
2. Experience working in the safety field in manufacturing and/or distribution environments
3. A strong background being safety focused
4. Experience developing and completing OSHA training
5. Experience developing manufacturing training initiatives, such as forklift, electrical, etc.
6. Experience completing safety audits
7. Microsoft Office experience
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Safety certifications
2. Supervision experience
Why work for this organization:
1. The position is open due to growth
2. The opportunity to be the site safety expert
3. Competitive benefits package
4. Good work/life balance
5. Profitable, growing organization
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Tiffin, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package for this position.
EHS, EH&S, environmental engineer, environmental specialist, EHS specialist, HSE specialist, HSE coordinator, HSE supervisor, environmental services coordinator, safety and environmental coordinator, environmental planner, environmental intern, environmental coop, EHS manger, HSE manager, safety engineer, safety coordinator, safety intern, safety coop