$4.50/night Shift Diff
Staff Registered Nurse Emergency for an expanding not for profit Integrated Healthcare System located 1 hour East of Columbus and 2 hours West of Pittsbugh and Wheeling. Affilated with a Univeristy Healthcare System.
Level III Emergency Department. One of the busiest Emergency Departments in Ohio!
Lumps, bumps and scrapes to MVA’s , CVA’s , Stroke, CHF, COPD, burns, appendicitis, pneumonia,, gastrointestinal bleeding, diabetic emergencies, fractures, lascerations, seizures, renal failure,overdose, etc.
Triage, Assessments, admissions, discharges, dressing changes, , start IV’s, administer blood and blood products, , trach care, drainage tubes,administer oxygen-(nasal cannula, mask,endotrachael) catheters, G-Tubes, NG Tubes, assist with intubation/extubation,
Plans, provides and/or supervises the nursing care of patients in an efficient and caring manner. Coordinates care planning with other caregivers and with other areas, adheres to universal precautions, and is compliant with infection control policies. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Shift and weekend differentials
- Clinical Advancement Program (CAP)
- Free in-house educational programs including ACLS, PALS, TNCC, BCRA, etc.
- Individualized mentorship and orientation
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education assistance up to $8,000/year
- Engaged and supportive leadership
- State-of-the-art medical care units
- Low nurse to patient ratios
- Leadership classes
- Magnet designation (in process)
- Provides direct patient care in accordance with physician orders in a warm and friendly manner.
- Takes and records measurements or readings.
- Assesses condition and provides treatment for care of patient.
- Administers prescribed medications.
- Provides leadership while working collaboratively with other care givers on the unit.
- Participates in keeping unit prepared for HFAP on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with patient rounds
Staff Registered Nurse Emergency Level III. One of the busiest ER's in Ohio!
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, child care and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail etc.)
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh! Rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you! There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include: sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year). A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $475 -$750/ month
- BSN or ADN or Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and current Ohio RN License.
- One year experience in acute care setting.
- CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner, as well as the ability to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others.
- Ability to read, calculate and prepare medication, as well as the ability to observe and analyze any resulting reactions and to apply clinical knowledge.
- Ability to collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plan.
- Demonstrates competence in age-specific patient care as necessary.
- PALS certification within 12 months after completion of orientation, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
- TNCC certification within 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
- ACLS certification within 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
- BCRA certification during nursing orientation.
- ENPC certification within 12 months after completion of orientation, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.