Our client is a multi billion dollar Tier I automotive supplier of automotive parts to Mercedes, Honda and other customers. They employ well over 20,000 employees globally and have exceptional benefits and salary. They're currently seeking a Controls Engineer.
- Develop hardware and software specifications for equipment subcontractors and assume responsibility for overall controls package interfacing for new equipment and major projects using existing equipment.
- Train maintenance technicians in equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Engineer control hardware / software upgrades necessary to improve operating efficiency of equipment.
- Modification of process equipment control system to ensure maximum production output while minimizing down-time: this includes modifications to improve plantwide costs and efficiencies.
- Engineer program changes/improvements for equipment controls toward process changes/improvements
- Maintain specification standards for new and existing process equipment control systems.
- Plantwide training for new and existing process equipment control systems.
- Repair and troubleshoot new and existing process equipment control systems.
- Develop tools and documents to troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Coordinate outside suppliers, as required, to achieve primary job responsibilities.
- Control document updates for SOP's, ACAD, operation manuals relating to the equipment.
- Provide technical support to all lines.
- Assist in team environment to resolve engineering issues.
- Two year Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent certificate in Technical Training.
- Experience with Siemens PLC’s
- Experience with Fanuc Robotics
- 5-7 years experience as controls, engineer or in manufacturing experience.
- Experience with Robot Programming, PLC Programming and RSLogix 5000
- Experience with installation, start-up and debug of new process equipment.
- Experience with electrical devices: motors, power supplies, generators, transformers, etc.
- Experience / familiarity with process interface devices: proximity and limit switches, transducer relays, solenoids, temperature / pressure indicators, etc.
- Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics as related to circuit and system logic and function.
- Experience with computer hardware interface and PLC.