Job Summary: As a Control System Engineer you will provide controls engineering of PLC/HMI and motor control systems primarily in the municipal water and wastewater industry.
- Control panel layouts and electrical schematic designs of PLC based control systems.
- Selection of process instrumentation based on customer specific applications.
- Motor Control Center and Variable Frequency Drive designs.
- Communications network designs including fiber optic, radio telemetry, broadband, and other associated technologies.
- PLC programming experience such as Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 and 5000, Modicon, Siemens S7, GE PAC systems or the like is a plus.
- HMI programming experience such as Wonderware, FactoryTalk View, Cimplicity, Intellution or the like is a plus.
- Experience with project management, covering initial concept/proposal, design, implementation, testing, start-up, and closeout.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of control systems and components.
- Candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of co-workers, management, and clients.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.