Our client is part of a larger, privately held company that started almost 35 years ago. Through its expansion across North America, they have developed expertise in consumer trends within the frozen food business
- Lead and direct the quality assurance, as well as, the quality and food safety procedures and standards (new product/process development and product improvements with direct responsibility for some projects.
- Initiate, evaluate plans, direct execution, implementation and report on activities related to the development of new products, product improvements or cost savings
- Serve as the Safety Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner for the company.
- Maintain, write and implement the SQF GFSI Programs.
- Establish the overall requirements for QA specifications and standards for materials, processes and finished products for the Product Center.
- Review product and process non-conformance and recommend remedial actions including but not limited to modifications of processes, products or QA standards where warranted.
- Develop QA plans to ensure processes, work in progress and finished goods meet the specified quality and standards.
- Handles all external audits - FDA, NY State Department of Agriculture, NJ Department of Health, RSP, Non-GMO, SQF, and Kosher.
- Direct and coordinate compliance with all applicable standards such as FDA, relevant CFRs, and GFSI.
- Establish R&D updates of all product specifications.
- Respond to customer complaints and investigates where applicable.
- Review and maintain the allergen control program, ensuring no cross contamination during production runs.
- Sets policies and procedures and assures customer needs are being met.
- Member of food safety team, business continuity / crisis management team.
- Oversee the SSOP program. Conduct Internal Audit on the SQF Program.
- Conducts Supplier Approval.
- Develop, maintain and implement HACCP, Allergen Control Program, GMPs
- Approves all packaging to see if it meets all FDA regulations.
- Oversees the Kosher Program (OU & NY State Department of Agriculture, NJ Department of Consumer Affairs).
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data