$80-90K plus 10% bonus
Our client is seeking a Controls Engineer for their Oshkosh, WI facility. This Controls Engineer will be responsible for supporting new and existing production machine networking and communication systems through PLC and HMI programming. Individuals applying for this position should be very familiar with Wonderware, Rockwell and Siemens and have a deep understanding of those core technologies.
- Responsible for the design, programming, configuration, integration, networking and communication services using equipment and software from a variety of HMI, SCADA, and PLC manufacturers.
- Design, configure and program HMI screens to support the overall control of the equipment and manufacturing process.
- Configure and troubleshoot machine instrumentation, ensure communication with the controls package and scaling signals.
- Engage with multiple project teams to provide input into the controls design process to ensure the correct PLC hardware, software and logic can support the business requirements.
- Foster the integration and development of team IT resources.
- Secure and maintain working knowledge of current automation industry best practices as they apply to company products and manufacturing equipment.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering – BSEE, CS&E, Controls/Automation Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years hands-on experience working with PLC/HMI machine networks, hardware interfacing, IP Networking in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Wonderware and Siemens.
- Experience with industrial automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence is not required but is beneficial.
- Experience leading projects from start to finish (scope, schedule, budget).
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as needed.