Senior Java Solutions Developer
The ideal Senior Java Solutions Developer is a creative thinker who thrives on innovation and thinking outside the box. Understanding how to approach complex issues is critical when delivering a solution on time and under budget. In today’s complex business environment, the ability to provide real-time information and tie different technologies into a seamless solution is imperative.
Our clients’ team members are continuous learners who are passionate about technology and thrive on keeping up with the latest technology trends. They take advantage of every opportunity to grow their skills and knowledge.
They are great team players who are dependable and reliable. They are good communicators, open-minded, and respect other opinions. They are honest, transparent, and flexible. The ideal candidate is authentic and personable, not egocentric. He or she recognizes the “we” in team success.
The responsibilities of the Sr. Java Solutions Developer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analysis tasks with clients to solve complex business problems
- Lead design sessions and translate business and functional specifications into code
- Mentor Jr.-level developers in current technologies and proper approaches
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional, hands-on development experience in Java environments while also being a hands-on developer.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to provide basic mentoring to less experienced team members, including best practices.
- Ability to perform code reviews on established coding standards.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Able to work independently and figure out things you may have never seen before.
- A “can-do” attitude, a strong passion for technology, and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including listening skills.
- Must be legally able to work for any US company.
- Cloud experience in either AWS or GCP. Understands how systems are deployed and specific features of AWS or GCP
- Experience porting existing applications to the cloud
- Able to drive technology discussions and decisions.
- Experience refactoring code for test automation
Desired (not required, but it helps)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges or questions to non-technical team members, including Business Analysts, Project Managers, Business SMEs.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery)
- Expertise in cloud development (AWS, GCP, Azure...)
- We highly value those who are confident self-starters, who possess a strong work ethic, are team-oriented, and have a sense of humor