Responsible for all outside contact with customers. Records and reports call activity, customer issues, opportunities and forecasts business requirements. Works with customers on specific forge applications. Addresses customer complaints and acts as a liaison between customer, manufacturer and supplier. Responsible for supporting the Sales Representatives as may be required to secure new business within a specified territory. Responsible for managing key market segments including monitoring and reporting characteristics, trends/changes and recommending sales strategy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work on a self-directed basis.
- Ability to organize time and territory.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Must be persistent and not easily deterred.
- Must be able to work with and support Sales Representatives as necessary.
- A proven record of success in a sales role.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- The market management aspects of sales.
- Enterprise-wide ‘Key’ account sales management (either to customer or within the company you work, or both).
- The Relationship Management form(s) of sales.
- Channel Management (specifically working with Sales Representatives).
- Business to Business technical sales knowledge and experience (forging industry preferred).
- Demonstrated success in prospecting for new customers/business.
Company is 100+ years old. Diversified customer base. Home based job. This is not my specialty and would like help. Please note the requirement for Closed Die Forging sales experience. If you work this area, check your files for a Sales Person. They are open to calling it a Sales Manager or Sales Engineer.
Must have experience in Closed Die Forging - non negotiable
Defense Experience preferred - other industries include mining, aerospace, energy
Remote employees are OK - Will need to travel
Must be US Citizens