CNC Machinist – 2nd & 3rd shift openings (Multiple Openings)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Our manufacturing client is looking to fill multiple CNC Machinist roles in the Cedar Valley area. With an experienced machining background, this could be your next career move! Openings for 2nd and 3rd shift available!
- The CNC Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate cast iron parts.
- Determines dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, the sequence of operations and the setup requirements by studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills and lathes.
- Regulates machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve input or edit computerized machine control media by calculating and setting controls.
- Uses air tools, electric tools, hand tools, or other mechanical tools to fit and assemble parts into complete assembly.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift hours.
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal days
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan with company match
- Group health, dental, vision care and Rx insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
CNC, welding, fabrication, machining, fixtures, cutting tools, machinist, design