My client is expanding and seeks an Associate Director of Cell Biology to lead an oncology drug discovery team. The ideal candidate take on the following tasks:
- Lead a team of scientists in the design, development, optimization, automation, and implementation of HTS assays.
- Design and implement robust and biologically relevant biochemical and cell-based assays that contribute to the identification of high-quality chemical matter to fuel the drug discovery process.
- Provide scientific leadership on lead identification project teams in concert with other discipline leads.
- Apply a strong understanding of drug target, HTS-related technology, and the scientific literature to design critical assays and processes that influence the quality and relevance of lead identification and lead optimization profiling.
- Apply knowledge and experience to influence interdepartmental teams in solving assay- and technology -related problems.
- Propose and implement new assay technologies, experiments, and processes that contribute to research goals.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular pharmacology and 8+ years of industrial experience in assay development and HTS in the context of drug discovery.
- Demonstrated expertise in cell-based and biochemical assay development, data analysis, and high-throughput screening.
- Broad knowledge of HTS, assay development, assay-related technology for drug discovery.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and timelines; ability to multi-task.