Tuscon, AZ - Work as a Control Systems Engineer for a Fortune 500 Company that offers stability, competitive pay and great benefits.
As Controls System Engineer (CSE) you will be proactive automation controls and technical support for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all FC's
- Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads (CST/SCSL), during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Mentor CSTs and CSLs within your assigned building
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents
- Partner with FC Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4-6 years of experience in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Ability to effectively present information)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and internet usage and navigation
- Experience with electrical theory, Robotics, Controls components, automated equipment
- Travel up to 20%