The robot business development position is an exciting and dynamic role within a fast growing market and part of an established global company with proven success and a broad scalable offering. The robot business developer must be an entrepreneur leveraging a broad base of experiences, technical knowledge, marketing acumen, collaborative skills, planning, strategy, and execution to gain market share in the United States and Canada. The robot business developer must also be the technical specialist understanding both robots and general automation technologies. The candidate will be working within a global company with proven offerings, go to market strategies, quality offerings and established processes and procedures. This unique blend of both entrepreneur and technical specialists means the robot business development role is really a blend of both business development and robot technical consultant. The technical specialist role has to be adept at working and growing robot business through company sales and key channel partners. The robot business development role takes a lead working with marketing and sales to identify and pursue key market segments initiatives and target customers. The robot business development role works with business development, marketing, and regional sales to develop and continually improve on the robot go to market strategy.
The Business Development Manager position is based in the Western Region and offers a company vehicle and the flexibility to work from a home office location preferably in California, Washington or Oregon area close to a major city and airport to cover the territory. 50% travel within North America.Required experience:
- 5+ years’ experience with both robots combined with general automation
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate to a broad audience
- Strong base technical knowledge on robots and automation technologies
- 4 year degree in engineering discipline or 2 year degree plus 10 years proven robot/automation business development/specialist experience.
- Experience technically contributing on and winning key robot plus automation opportunities
- Experience working in a matrix organization working with multiple sales groups and functions