Love your job!
Our client, a Chicago based manufacturer, is seeking a Maintenance Engineer who specifically has experience working on packaging equipment.
They've been growing at 20% to 50% ANNUALLY and need to add an experienced tech/engiener to their team. Excellent base salary, perks for traveling, benefits, and continued career growth are all part of the package.
The Engineer will
- support the Maintenance Field Service team across the United States with a focus on the Midwest
- work remotely and have roughly 50% travel for installations, maintenance, repair, upkeep and training
- be provided with training
- shadow lead Field Service Engineers and travel to HQ in Europe for onsite training
- earn and excellent base salary + perks for traveling
- AAS in technical discipline or equivalent amount of Field Service and or maintenance troubleshooting experience required.
- 2 + years’ experience in a maintenance troubleshooting, or field service role for manufacturing or military
- Experience with troubleshooting electromechanical equipment; prefer experience with processing and or packaging equipment; open to any mechanical and electrical troubleshooting or large equipment or related experience
- Quick learner, mechanical / electrically inclined and able to learn to work, troubleshoot, maintain and repair high-speed packaging equipment
- Excellent communication skills- including both verbal and written.
- Professional, articulate and able to provide excellent customer service
- Pay attention to details and strive for technical excellence in work.
- Listen to the customer, understand each service situation and provide a response that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Demonstrate proper etiquette and empathy for each customer interaction.
- Ability to work with other internal cross-functional groups including sales, engineers, and upper management / executive team members
- Ability to document work performed and be well organized.
- Experience with the following is preferred: fabrication of parts, installations, mechanic / electrical troubleshooting, motion control, PLC’s, VFD’s, motors, pumps, valves, hoses, conveyors, and mechanical alignment
- Must be willing to travel 50%+ to support business demand within the United States; mostly throughout the Midwest
- When not traveling, will work from home for about 50% of the time writing training manual, answers calls, etc.
- Military veterans preferred – especially with maintenance background