Manufacturing Process Engineer
- High-volume food packaging operation is expanding and hiring for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to work for an organization that is essential and fast growing
- Our client is family oriented and understands the importance of work-life balance, promoting within and proving a team culture
- Local candidates only
- Perform functions to develop, maintain, and specify manufacturing processes to manufacture existing and new company product lines in a safe and efficient basis repeatably.
- Which includes working with operations to develop methods to streamline processes, improve process flow, develop test equipment, and turn-keying manufacturing processes for new products.
- Be an active member of the Production/ Efficiency Team seeking to identify, develop, and implement cost reduction opportunities throughout the factory and product lines.
- The SME for Manufacturing Engineering techniques and principles related to equipment, products, and processes
- Provide project management oversight of assigned manufacturing projects.
- Monitor and analyze production cost data to prioritize efforts to significantly reduce and control costs, increase production efficiencies (parts per hour), and increase throughput.
- Identify all critical to quality (CTQ) processes and parameters and provide procedures, sign offs, product documentation, and training to production operators.
- Interface with maintenance department for equipment troubleshooting, upkeep, PM’s and process improvements to increase output
- Able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Conduct time studies by using both the observation and video method.
- Identify opportunities to remove non-value-added steps in processes.
- Daily review of throughput, immediate investigation and action to correct suspect areas.
- Work alongside management to increase production.
- Confer with management regarding procedures, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Create standard work documents that capture best practices for production processes.
- Preform manufacturing audits, focusing on process or cost variation.
- Create/update manufacturing reports that capture the company’s KPI (Key performance indicator).
- BA/BS degree required. Ideally degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other Engineering related degrees. MBA or Masters degree is a plus
- 2+ years of experience as a process manufacturing engineer utilizing automated / sophistical / robotic equipment; prefer high-speed packaging, foods, plastics, or other related manufacturing industries
- Must be electrically and mechanically proficient; able to troubleshoot breakdowns and read blueprints, CAD drawings and electrical schematics to support engineering and maintenance troubleshooting
- Through understanding of how to lead, manage and oversee projects such as streamlining processes, capital projects, installations, validations, lean manufacturing and other related projects
- Experience with using root cause analysis and statistical software; Minitab and strong MS office experience preferred
- Initiative to drive changes, work independently and make an impact to improve processes, standard operating procedures and improve KPI’s / metrics