Major company has a professional growth opportunity at a large state-of-the-art plant commutable from the north suburbs of the Atlanta metro for a Mechanical Engineer that will ensure that the mechanical and electromechanical equipment and systems are designed, installed, as well as maintained in a way that will promote a high degree of reliability in both meeting and exceeding process requirements. Some of the duties are as follows. Will communicate with planning and design staff concerning equipment design and tooling to ensure production methods are efficient. Will confer with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, parts, or materials and will evaluate equipment according to specifications and quality standards. Will design systems such as controls, robots, instruments, machines, engines and thermal, mechanical, hydraulic or heat transfer systems. Fabrication and installation will be directed and coordinated to ensure systems and equipment conform to engineering design specifications. Statistical methods will be applied to estimate equipment capability to meet future manufacturing requirements. Responsibilities will involve the curing process. The company is in scale up mode for their new expansion. They value personal life / work balance. Relocation assistance is available.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Curing process experience in a tire manufacturing facility
- Prefer 10 years of support engineering experience (could be less if experience is relevant - at least 7 years)
- Creativity and drive are also important
- Prefer experience with instrumentation, utilities, CAD and PLC programming
- Must have experience with maintenance engineering of production equipment
- Needed is a passion to develop innovative solutions and great products