The Financial Controller is a new role in the management team at the Company's North Shore facility. The selected individual will be the financial business partner to the operational managers at the location. The role will report within a matrix decision-making model and will work closely with another operating facility and be accountable to the North America Regional Controller.
- All accounting operations for the Unit including financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting for the business; manage the production of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts;
- Being the financial business partner for the operational managers and senior financial management team; proactive internal reporting - identify potential issues/opportunities and recommend solutions;
- Implement, document and maintain a system of internal controls;
- Implementing procedures to resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate;
- Develop strong internal relationships with Group Finance and with key commercial stakeholders across the company and wider group and ensure adherence to the Group reporting requirements
- Participate in future SAP S4 Hana implementation from existing ERP system;
- Direct supervision of the Accounting Specialist and all accounting functions;
- Manage all general accounting functions which include month-end process, prepare and book journal entries and account reconciliation;
- Have full responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and payroll, calculate commissions, process payroll and benefits;
- Ensure that sales are processed, and accounts receivable are collected promptly;
- Direct activities related to efficient cash collection and vendor payments, direct cash management, cash forecasting and prepare a rolling statement of cash flow;
- Oversee tax-related matters to ensure timely compliance; complies with federal, state, and local legal reporting requirements and tax filing; file financial reports; advise management on needed actions.
Our client is a global publicly traded technology company with operations around the world. This opportunity requires a financial manger with strong operational experience; ideally in a manufacturing environment. The candidate must also have experience in a large organization, been involved in process improvement and have a desire to put to all these skills to use.
This opportunity will be attractive to a professional that likes working for a technology company; enjoys being in a small growing business unit (less than 75 mill in annual revenues) and enjoys the process of integrating a smaller unit into a larger whole.
- Bachelor’s degree required (in accounting, finance, management or a related field); CPA and/or MBA preferred;
- 8 plus years’ relevant experience overseeing the accounting/finance function and prior management experience is necessary; experience in a manufacturing environment highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience creating and analyzing financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flows) is a must; knowledge of GAAP/IFRS is a plus;
- Experience creating and analyzing financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flows).
- Proficient in Excel, MS Office, ERP and other accounting system applications required with SAP desired.