Plans, directs and conducts analysis of manufacturing systems at all stages to maximize the safety and quality of the processes and the products they produce while ensuring that customer and regulatory requirements are met.
- Manages HACCP/Food Safety program and provides employee training as the PCQI and HACCP certified team leader
- Directs and documents Internal Audit and inspection processes as the lead auditor and trains internal auditors to meet requirements of SQF, customer and regulatory groups
- Manages and provides employee new hire and annual training programs for GMP, HACCP, allergen and Food Defense
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation and provides on-going monitoring of their effectiveness; this includes devising sampling plans, procedures and designs and developing forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data
- Establishes and maintains program to evaluate precision and accuracy of testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities
- Investigates causes and documents corrective actions for non-conformances including raw materials, in-process and finished product and processes
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of aged and non-conforming material
- Designs and coordinates special projects related to product quality and/or efficiency
- Projects may be assigned as a result of corporate directive to fulfill strategic objectives
- Works with Director of Quality and Regulatory Manager to ensure customer requirements are met in testing, special labeling and reporting by updating ERP system and managing COA, QC group and label templates
- Directs activities of plant lab technicians and provides coverage in plant lab as needed
- Provide support for Director of Quality, Regulatory Manager and Operations Manager as needed
- Champions continuous improvement processes for the operation.
- Reports out on key metrics and project completion.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field
- Supervisory experience required
- Good overall knowledge of product quality standards, specifications and laws and regulations established by federal, state, local and international agencies as they relate to GMP
- Must have thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations, with demonstrable skills in organizing, analyzing, planning and communication
- Computer proficiency should include word processing and creation of spreadsheets and forms
- Must possess good communication and possess the highest integrity in conducting business affairs
- Must exercise maturity and sound judgment in all dealings and associations with vendors and customers
- Must be able to work independently and to organize tasks and manage the workload
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations, while defending decisions in a knowledgeable and rational manner
- Able to interpret customer requirements and government regulations and apply to products and processes
- Ability to initiate a project, set goals and timelines, and report out on progress.
- Must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time
- The plant environment involves working in noisy, wet, slippery and hot conditions
- May be working with hazardous chemicals
- Hours as directed by management