The Maintenance Manager will oversee all equipment for the plant. They will develop, implement and improve process control systems on all plant equipment.
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
- Initiate preventive maintenance programs to minimize maintenance cost of all production equipment.
- Executes assignments related to maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for relocating machinery and/or equipment; dismantling and removing obsolete or worn out machinery and/or equipment.
- Plans the performance of preventative maintenance activities based upon personal knowledge and interval records of equipment wear and the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding service.
- Develops and maintains key, preferred suppliers and spare part inventories.
- Schedules work to prevent idle time and to provide maximum machine utilization.
- Schedules overtime work among maintenance employees to equalize overtime fairly.
- Determines priority of maintenance job back-log and schedules work accomplished.
- Responsible for up-grading the effectiveness of maintenance personnel.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with instructions relating to maintenance skills, safety, and Company Policy.
- Handles all job-related problems in maintenance honestly and fairly without violation of Company Policies or Procedures.
- Ensure team members have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
Provide leadership in developing measures and practices that that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Provide troubleshooting of production equipment to support manufacturing and maintenance operations.
- Respond to critical production down situations affecting manufacturing.
- Maintain Maintenance software database that controls all Preventative and Predictive Maintenance processes on facilities and equipment.
- Generate and maintain PM schedule.
- Responsible for all plant utilities and seeking ways to reduce costs.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Education / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have recent experience in a Manufacturing plant, preferably automotive.
- Excellent communication skills and must possess the ability to supervise and motivate employees in a team environment.
- Expert working knowledge of all machine components and integration.
- Proven mechanical aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Working with engineering and quality to address problem areas and collectively come up and implement solutions.