Remote roles (staff and managerial positions are open), but must be based in Georgia.Our client, one of the top firms in the nation, is seeking a State and Local Tax Manager who will
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complex income tax returns including Corporate, S-Corp, and partnership clients.
- Conduct research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues related to state and local tax laws and regulations.
- Serve as a SALT technical resource, collaborating with team to review client issues and recommend solutions.
- Motivate and mentor staff members by providing them with leadership, counselling, and professional guidance.
- Start to develop new business relationships with potential clients and company personnel to grow the clientele base and work to foster on-going efforts to obtain additional opportunities for the Firm.
- A minimum of 5 years of SALT experience in Public Accounting at the Senior or Manager level.
- An active CPA license.
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis.
- Experience with clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, retail, restaurant, etc.