The Product Specialist applies scientific knowledge and principles to provide in-depth training and assistance the company’s sales staff and customers on the proper use of highly complex measuring and laboratory instruments. The Product Specialist also represents the company as a technical expert with respect to the assigned product line.
This position will form part of our Business Unit Solutions team and will work with a variety of materials characterization and analytic chemistry instrumentation.
This position requires anywhere from 40% to 60% travel. Travel is typically intermittent, and usually entails a two- or three-night trip to a client site within the region for demos, installations, and/or trainings.
- Provides customers with technical and application assistance on the proper use of proprietary hardware and software
- Performs installations for new instruments at customer sites
- Conducts market and competitive analysis from relevant sources such as marketing reports and research, publications, conferences, trade shows, and product demonstrations
- Determines experimental design for prospect testing, conducts said testing, and completes a professional report thereof
- Assists in developing sales aids and promotional materials, such as application notes and reports
- Researches, writes, and presents technical articles, papers, and posters
- Maintains the highest level of knowledge of company products and services and the underlying scientific and technical principles
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Should possess analytical problem solving, creative thinking skills, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, and exceptional customer service skills
- Ideal candidates will have advanced knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering science and technology
- Maintaining a valid driver's license and passport
- Bachelor's degree required in chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or related field.
- Master's degree in chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or related field is preferred.
- 3 years industrial laboratory experience and/or 3 years of experience working in the analytical instrumentation industry preferred.