Production Manager - Night shift
- Local foods manufacturer is hiring for a Production Manager in the packaging department on night shift due to an expanding facility
- If you are interested in growth, work-life balance and great family-oriented culture then look no further
- Relocation assistance will be provided as needed
- Direct, supervise, lead, and coach a team of 4 Supervisors and 100+ full-time hourly employees in the packaging department
- Supervise plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent practices to produce the highest quality products
- Utilize lean and six-sigma principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to increase production
- Track, improve and ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and down time.
- Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement
- BS/BA is highly preferred or an equivalent of 5-10+ years of production supervision background in a high-speed manufacturing environment. Prefer education in: Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing or similar
- Military veteran is a plus
- 5+ years of prior manufacturing supervisory experience is required; prefer experience leading salaried employees.
- Open to any high-speed manufacturing environment; prefer experience with food mixing / processing, chemical blending, high-speed packaging, consumer products or related environments
- Experience with leading, implementing and using Six-Sigma, Lean manufacturing or other continuous improvement principles is required; prefer certifications and or formal training
- Excellent communication skills, a natural leader and able to work in a team environment that utilizes multi-tasking skills
- This is a 12-hour night shift role, must be open to working that shift
If you have excellent leadership skills from a high-speed manufacturing environment, then send us your resume and we will respond asap!
Military veteran preferred