LA CROSSE, WI
Currently hiring for a Full-Time Registered Nurse Case Manager in the La Crosse area - $3,000 Sign On Bonus & Weekly Pay
*Must have Wisconsin State RN License*
Hours: Monday - Friday with every other week on call
The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager in La Crosse, WI is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of clinical services. Coordinates and supervises an interdisciplinary team of staff to assure the continuity of high quality care to home health patients assigned to the team's area in accordance with physician prescribed plan of care and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Receives referrals and ensures appropriate clinician and/or therapist(s) assignments for timely patient evaluation by signing off after authorization and plotting start of care (SOC) visits.
- Coordinates determination of patient home health benefits, medical necessity, and ongoing insurance approvals.
- Ensures patient needs are continually assessed and care rendered is individualized to patient needs, appropriate and reasonable, meets home health eligibility criteria, and is in accordance to physician orders.
- Oversees and assures development, implementation, and updates to the individualized patient plan of care, as appropriate.
- Manages and documents phone calls from physicians, clinicians, patients, referral sources, and communicates patient updates/new orders to clinicians. Uses coordination notes to document, as needed and appropriate.
- Reviews assessments and plans of care daily, per assigned workflow, and consults clinicians with recommendations, as appropriate.
- Coordinates all aspects of care with all disciplines, physicians, durable medical equipment providers, caregivers/family members, transferring facilities, and any other applicable healthcare providers.
- Follows-up on lab and other clinical diagnostic test, physician contact, and significant changes in the patient condition to ensure adequate physician notification, follow-up, and needed plan of care modifications and communicates such to clinicians.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates, and documents case conference/SOC reports and facilitates effective exchange of information across disciplines especially with adverse findings, changes in patient condition, daily and urgent updates, as necessary.
- Assists clinicians in coordinating the transfer and discharge of patients from agency services as indicated by the physician.
- Receives report from field clinicians prior to scheduled days off on patient status and ongoing needs.
- Processes new orders and updates the visit frequency, as appropriate, when the on call RN takes supplemental verbal orders which alter frequency going forward.
- Writes and processes orders when taking verbal orders directly from the physician and communicates such to field clinicians.
- Assures payer change documentation is completed properly and timely, as required.
- Reviews clinician visit notes weekly to ensure timely, complete, appropriate, and accurate submission of all documentation by field staff. Takes necessary action to correct adverse findings and communicates trending to clinical director.
- Reviews, evaluates, and supervises service delivery to ensure appropriateness of care and utilization of services, equipment, and supplies through activities such as random patient visits, medical record reviews and case conferences.
- Enters infections and incidents/occurrences into the online Risk Management Incident Reporting System, as specified by policy.
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical team members in collaboration with the clinical director.
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary, in accordance to scope of practice and physician orders.
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily clinical and coding edits.
- Directs clinicians in utilizing best practice interventions when finalizing Plan of Care for all patients.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Follows-up with On-Call events daily.
- Receives report from weekend and after-hours clinicians admitting new patients.
- Completes required learning courses, additional assignments per Executive Director request, as well as any state specific required training per state regulation/practice act requirements.
- Directs team in adherence to and participates in the Episode Management process.
Education & Experience Desired
- Current RN licensure in state of Wisconsin
- Current CPR certification required (we provide training)
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
Candidates must have medicaid home care experience and supervisory experience in a home care agency