An Estimator and Proposals Engineer is needed in the Spartanburg, SC area with experience in industrial automation; test and assembly machines. This Estimator will collaborate with the sales and engineering teams to develop new applications and prepare and write proposals based on customer requirements.
Why work here?:
- Variation of projects in the Automotive, Electric, Photovoltaic, Healthcare and Life Science Industries
- High level of independence
- Flexible work hours
- Health insurance premiums for employee AND family covered 100%!
- Simple IRA company match up to 3%
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days
- Responsible for the conceptual development of various types of automation equipment and projects.
- Work with members of Engineering management on solutions as needed.
- Involve third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process as required.
- When necessary, travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development.
- Review and develop the detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor & material costs required for proposals.
- Prepare the Cost Book for each project quote.
- Present proposal and cost book to U.S. management for approvals.
- Provide follow up sales and technical solution presentations to customer personnel as required.
- Work with the Sales Manager, Application Engineering and / or the General Manager to close projects.
- Review all purchase orders as part of the contract review procedure and work with the Project Manager to support the internal kick-off meeting and the customer kick-off meeting.
- Attend post-project review meetings.
- BS degree in engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience working with multi-disciplined project teams preferred, preferably in an automation or systems integration environment
- Knowledge in a wide variety of technological functions in various aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering, primarily in support of design and development of factory automation systems is preferred
- Experience in the assembly of special purpose machines, automation or robotics
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential
- Willingness to travel up to 25% per year
- In addition, must be familiar with the use of MS Office products and SolidWorks or similar drawing package
- Self-directed and result-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Maintain all project costing and proposal documents, including customer specifications.