The Senior Project Manager will oversee a long-term project building a series of large data centers in Central Ohio for a major social media company. This is a very unique and high-profile engagement. This individual will have direct client contact and will be responsible for managing a team working on contracts over $40,000,000 in size. Following this engagement, this individual will oversee similar large, strategic projects for the organization.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Primary responsibility for the relationship and satisfaction of clients under contract.
- Manage and coordinate future contract discussions with the client.
- Manage and coordinate future contract budgets/estimates within the team.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Establish responsibilities for project documentation and set up logs for document tracking.
- Interpret, explain and administer the contract terms to Superintendents, Engineers and other field and office staff.
- Develop and issue all correspondence and communication with Owner, CM, Engineer and Subcontractors as necessary to effectively administer project.
- Study and interpret specifications to determine project requirements and insure efficient and cost-effective execution plans to meet the requirements.
Equipment and Material Procurement
- Study specifications and project requirements to determine equipment and materials to be procured. Determine the optimal procurement strategy in order to maximize efficiency
- Find most cost-effective materials for project based on specifications.
- Perform final scope reviews and purchases of major equipment and materials.
- Coordinate bulk and specialty materials purchases with Purchasing Agent.
- Track and analyze purchasing performance.
Scheduling and Manpower Assignment
- Interpret and negotiate the project schedule with client or CM. Develop manpower plan based on schedule and project needs. Coordinate the manpower needs with Trades Manager.
- Monitor and continually evaluate project schedule. Negotiate and revisions to project schedule and prepare change requests for significant events which impact cost.
- Work with scheduling consultant to communicate schedules with client.
Invoicing and Billings
- Prepare a Schedule of Values for the project which meets the client needs and maintains at least neutral cash flow for the organization.
- Prepare monthly updates of the billings to continually manage cash flow.
Project Risk Management
- Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction of the project(s).
- Identify risk issues (schedule, contract terms, subcontractor performance, etc.) and prepare plans to address risk.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
Innovative Solutions and Approaches
- Look for opportunities for cost efficiencies through Value Engineering, Constructability, Lean Methods and alternate procurement strategies.
- Seek creative arrangements with business partners to gain cost advantages.
- Develop new procedure using new technologies.
Budget Setting and Forecasting
- Establish the initial budget based on the estimate for the project. Initiate cost tracking mechanisms within the system to accurately track and report cost.
- Prepare equipment and subcontract cost tracking logs and forecast completed cost for all project cost components.
- Provide monthly cost forecast for the project.
Project Close Out
- Oversee the initiation of the close out process and administer contract requirements.
- Insure effective close out and punch list process to process to maintain strong relationship with client.
- Support professional development of direct reports.
- Maintain team atmosphere project.