This position requires an individual who has the ability to obtain a secret security clearance upon selection for this role.
Our client is seeking to hire technical experts in wireless waveforms, signaling protocols, and protocol security to lead and support a range of projects of national significance in the public interest involving wireless communications and networking technologies with an emphasis on commercial cellular.
Qualified candidates will join a high-performing team focused on the instrumentation, analysis, and augmentation of
wireless signals (including 5G New Radio and LTE) to address mission needs for performance, resiliency, and security.
The team performs hands-on experimentation, signal collection and analysis, conducts security evaluations, and develops
proof-of-concept prototypes to enable new sponsor capabilities. We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a
wide variety of expertise and interests in software development and wireless communications.
Other highlights include:
• Leading cross-disciplinary teams of similarly high-performing engineers on research / development projects of national
• A supportive culture of learning, professional growth, and development.
• Opportunities to build on skills and work on a diverse range of projects.
• Outstanding continuing education programs.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to experiment with modern wireless communications networking protocols
including 5G and LTE cellular and equipment and to design and prototype solutions that adopt or augment these
• Explore, evaluate, and develop prototype solutions to augment commercial wireless communication protocols to provide
secure and resilient communications for government applications.
• Evaluate spectrum co-location of commercial and military wireless systems.
• Develop cutting edge communication and sensor systems using software defined radio (SDR) platforms.
• Develop and evaluate mobile edge applications on our clients private cellular networks.
• Perform hands-on security assessments of wireless protocol and radio implementations.
• Assess mobile wireless technology trends, commercial and government solutions for a variety of projects and
• Lead internal research projects; advise others in the process.
• Help shape technical capability areas by researching and recommending capital investments, training opportunities, and
• Define and create wireless test networks, test scenarios, and tools for collecting and analyzing results.
• Analyze collected and generated signals.
• Support field test and evaluation exercises: preparation, execution, and post-event analysis.
We are interested in highly motivated, enthusiastic candidates with a wide variety of skills and the ability and interest to dig
deep on challenging technical problems.
• BS (or higher) in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 8+ years of related experience.
• Knowledge of wireless WAN system signaling procedures and/or radio architecture.
• Experience with programming in languages such as Python, Java, C++, or C.
• Strong understanding of software design and signal processing concepts.
• Familiarity with commonly used wireless communications physical layer protocols.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present wireless network architecture, protocol, and security concepts as a
technical advisor or technical mentor.
• Technical, task, or project leadership experience.
• Willingness/passion for mentoring and developing junior engineers.
One or more of the following skills are desirable:
• Experience with LTE and/or 5G radio access network configuration, function development, or evaluation.
• Experience with RF communications, cellular waveforms, and signal processing concepts.
• Experience with scientific/numeric computing experience with MATLAB, Python, or C.
• Experience with embedded systems and the implementation of wireless protocol stacks.
• Experience with deployment/configuration of IP networks.
• Experience with containerized application software design and container orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes).
• Experience with cryptography and security concepts, including key-agreement protocols, authentication, encryption, and
• Experience with embedded security topics such as firmware/software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery.
• Strong software development practices including design and code reviews, testing and regression, revision control, and
• Organization of dynamic engineering teams, work distribution, scheduling, communication.