Our client needs a Quality Manager for their plastic packaging operation. You will ensure product meets all customer requirements through quality systems and customer service. In this role you must be able to make decisions concerning quality issues. You will make decisions regarding quality discipline and training, along with managers/supervisors. This includes making sure that quality complaints are tracked accurately and that controls are put in place to prevent future occurrences.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available
What you will be doing:
- Development, implementation and administration of quality policies and procedures to all employees.
- Establish and perform quality training programs for all employees.
- Perform corrective actions with the support of the Production Manager and HR Manager to ensure all quality and production policies and procedures are met and followed.
- Perform sanitation and quality control audits throughout the plant, report findings to site leadership and take corrective action.
- Maintain up to date inspection reports, files, quality programs and samples.
- Facilitate customer questions by establishing customer relationships and working with site and/or corporate customer service.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and report process data to internal and external customers.
- Facilitate and assist support departments with technical expertise for process improvements, and environmental compliance.
- Lead Continuous Improvement reporting, activities and training within the plant.
What they are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of quality control management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
- Must have firm understanding of test procedures, statistics and process controls.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Annual profit-sharing program
- 401k plan, 4% match
- Relocation assistance
- Vacation, holidays and sick days