Compensation package is open and negotiable based on experience, plus exceptional benefits.
The primary purpose of the Director of Nursing Services position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations. This position is charged with responsibility to ensure the quality of care is delivered consistently to the patient population.
- A current and valid state-specific license as a RN is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in a long-term care setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates nursing staff to provide proper patient care consistent with standard nursing practices.
- Oversees the provision of appropriate medications, treatments and general nursing services according to the patient’s care plan and physician directed orders.
- Monitors and controls inventories of drugs and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, and hiring of professional personnel.
- Ensures annual evaluations are performed on all nursing staff, counsels and/ or disciplines personnel according to established personnel policies.
- Develops staff schedules in accordance with clinical needs of patient population.
- Periodically updates written policies and procedures that govern the Nursing department.
- Involved with the safety of the patient population by ensuring that all health, fire, safety, and sanitation codes are carried out in accordance with
- Facility's Disaster and OSHA plans.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of an ongoing Quality Assurance Program.