Kansas City, MO
Commensurate with experience.
Your primary duty is to be an engineer first; ensuring the technical solution meets our client’s needs and our contractual obligations. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager to help lead and mentor the entire engineering group. You also work directly with sales, clients and subcontractors to develop successful project plans, schedules and budgets. To be effective in this position you need to fully understand the mechanical system design and operation. Your focus areas are control system architecture, power and controls wiring design, PLC and HMI programming. Other duties includes leadership of on site evaluations, shop testing, installations, subcontractors, system commissioning, punch list completion, and drawings & documentation. The company serves a broad range of markets that includes Automotive, Building Products, Food & Beverage, Heavy Industrial, Renewable Energy, and General Manufacturing, and has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Kansas City. Core values include Integrity and doing what's right even when no one is looking, working together and collaborating as a team, and constantly striving to improve in all that we do. Employees enjoy the family like environment where hard work and having fun are instilled in the culture.
- Work as part of a team
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, customer specifications and standards
- Help create and validate equipment sequence of operation and timing charts
- Check drawings for thoroughness and accuracy, including self-generated drawings
- Help sales analyze potential projects to gain a competitive advantage
- Assist with preparation of estimates and technical content for proposals
- Help prepare accurate detailed estimates.
- Travel as needed for the position requirements. Estimate 10-20%, mostly in and out vs. extended trips.
- Recognize and develop strategic partnerships with clients and vendors/suppliers.
- Demonstrate consistent follow-up, follow-through and relationship building skills to create long-term partnerships.
- Inspire and motivate fellow employees to help you succeed
- Operate within the (3) core values of the company - Integrity, Teamwork and Constant Improvement.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years of experience with industrial controls and wiring in multiple manufacturing environments
- 5 years of experience with conveyors & automation in automobile manufacturing (body, paint or assembly)
- 5 years or more of experience at a senior project engineering level leading teams
- Proficiency with CAD packages (Electrical, 2D, 3D)
- Experience with Allen Bradley hardware and software
- Ability to navigate job sites including stairs, ladders and uneven surfaces
- Proficiency with EPLAN, AutoCAD and Inventor
- Experience with Siemens hardware and software
- Robot programming experience
Keywords: Automation, Controls Engineer, Systems Integrator, Team Leadership, Engineering Management, Allen Bradley, Material Handling, Conveyors
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.