We had placed the Head of Audit at this carrier 2 years ago. His charge was to strengthen and grow out
the global audit organization within the framework of the carrier's new publicly traded status. He's done
a great job; he's focused and easy to work with. The head of audit is looking to hire a senior auditor who
will lead and take on a range of financial (including SOX testing) and operational audit activities. CPA,
CPCU or other certification backed up with 5+ years’ experience in the insurance/P&C space.
The Senior Internal Auditor will primarily be responsible for undertaking a range of internal audit
activities (from initial planning through to audit report) as part of the overall delivery of the Annual
Internal Audit Plan, which includes SOX walkthroughs and testing. The Senior Internal Auditor performs
regulatory, operational and financial reviews to evaluate whether controls and processes are in
compliance with policies, procedures and legislation and provides recommendations to strengthen the
controls and processes where appropriate.
• Lead, oversee, and/or assist in audits and reviews of key business processes and systems under
development using the COSO methodology, as assigned.
• Identify opportunities to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
• Present issues and recommendations to operating management, including the drafting of Audit
Findings and/or Reports.
• Plan and execute the review and audit of the internal control environment within the Company
to enable the management attestation required by section 404 of Sarbanes – Oxley.
• Maintain effective relationships with external auditors, business units and corporate
management to enhance the audit process.
• Providing ongoing support to all operating departments towards ensuring that all processes and
procedures have considered the use of best practice in determining the application of strong
• Assist in high level business risk assessment to determine the nature, timing and extent of riskbased audit procedures.
• Assisting with audit issue tracking and follow-up;
• Effectively monitors own performance to ensure plans, schedules, and budgets are met, as well
as to appropriately use Company resources.
• Supervise audit staff/consultants on engagements as required.
• Lead special projects from time to time as deemed necessary by Audit and Management.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of audit related experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
• Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”), Certified Internal Auditor (“CIA”), Chartered Property
Casualty Underwriter (“CPCU”), or equivalent required
• Preferred experience in financial services industry (property/casualty insurance and /or
reinsurance operations, preferred)
• Strong knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the 2013 COSO framework
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills are essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and effectively monitor own performance to ensure plans,
schedules, and budgets are met
• A “team player” who will encourage the open exchange of ideas
• Ability to work independently within a multicultural organization
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective working knowledge of IT including Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point
• Experience with Audit Workpaper software a plus
• Knowledge of audit data extraction and analysis (or interest to develop knowledge) is strongly