Reporting directly to the President, the (Sr.) Vice President, Cell and Gene Therapy will be responsible for the overall scientific and operational management of the Cell & Gene Therapy division for the company. This includes oversight of all day-to-day operations (R&D, GXP), including project and timeline management, budget, personnel, P&L, facility management, and quality control. This position has the responsibility for a staff of 25+.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets the strategic path and drives the continued growth of the Cell and Gene Therapy group
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the Cell and Gene Therapy Group through both hands-on activities and supervision of the team.
- Leads with the ‘end in mind’, tying together R&D to GXP operations resulting in a successful outcome.
- Manages a team of 25+ (potentially in multiple locations).
- Leverages a strong business acumen to partner with the business development team and ensure successful outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Advanced degree in biological sciences or engineering.
- Experience in cell and gene therapy is a must. Demonstrated and recognized expertise in Virology, Biology, BioProcessing (Upstream and Downstream), Analytical Development. Broad and deep understanding of technology needs and direction in Viral Vectors and Gene Therapy.
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP, and GCP regulations
- Strong Business Acumen
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization and influence in a matrixed environment