Human Resources Generalist
$75-95k + bonus
Our manufacturing client is actively searching for a Human Resources Generalist in the Marshalltown, IA area. This Generalist will partner with the entire human resource team in managing the workforce. They will help ensure the retention and engagement of workers.
- Administer and interpret company Policies in relation to employee questions, complaints or suggestions.
- Contribute to key projects and challenge the status quo to improve program performance.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager in administrating the Collective Bargaining Agreement, answering grievances, troubleshooting labor issues and partnering with labor leadership.
- Assist HR Manager with analyzing the data on employee turnover, employee satisfaction surveys, exit interviews and other metrics in order to enhance and improve HR programs and services.
- Assist in shifting the perception of employees to positively impact employee morale.
- Create value added activities to drive the shift morale to be more positive.
- Shift the labor relationship so there is a degree of stronger trust between the two.
- Ability to help positively impact employee morale and help create a degree of trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of progressively advanced labor experience is a must have!!!
- Strong ability to manage ambiguity in investigating employee and labor relation situations.
- Ability to formulate a successful partnership with labor leadership.
- Previous plant and/or union environment experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing cultural shifts.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package (Performance Based Bonus)
- Benefits package
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent Succession plan in place for growth potential
HR Specialist, Human Resources, Bilingual, HR Generalist, HRIS, SAP, coaching, counsel