Labor Relations Specialist
Des Moines, IA
$85-95K plus bonus
Our manufacturing company is searching for a Labor Relations Specialist located in Des Moines, IA. This Specialist will partner with the entire human resources team in managing the workforce.
- Help ensure the retention and engagement of our workers and strive to ensure we maintain our role as an employer of choice.
- Contribute to key projects and challenge the status quo to improve program performance.
- Troubleshoot labor issues and partner with labor leadership.
- Assist HR Manager with analyzing the data to employee turnover, employee satisfaction surveys, exit interviews and other metrics in order to enhance the improve HR programs and services.
- Administer and interpret company policies and CBA in relation to employee questions, complains or suggestions.
- Provide significant contributions and expertise in the areas of employee engagement and retention.
- Collaborate with operational leadership through advice, coaching and counsel to improve work relationships, build morale, and improve hourly retention metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of progressively advanced labor experience is a must have!!!
- Strong ability to manage ambiguity in investigating employee and labor relation situations.
- Ability to formulate a successful partnership with labor leadership.
- Previous plant and/or union environment experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing cultural shifts.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical and Dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- Stock Purchase Program
- Community involvement opportunities
Senior Human Resources Generalist, Labor Relations, HR Generalist, performance, excel, cultural shifts, bi-lingual, Spanish, relationships, metrics, leadership