My biotech client is expanding and seeks a Computational Biologist to create and execute computational biology methods to impact drug discovery and development.
The idea candidate will take on the following tasks:
- Develop and execute computational tools for evaluating molecular datasets including single-cell transcriptomics
- Work closely with molecular and protein science teams to directly develop and guide experimental work
- Evaluate proprietary and public datasets for data mining and analysis
- Communicate results to the scientific team and executive management
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- PhD in Computational biology, bioinformatics, machine learning and 5+ years industry experience
- Experience in a programming language (such as R, Python or Perl) for complex data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in single cell genomics analysis, statistics and machine learning
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process and experience with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.