Director of Inpatient Hospice
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Inpatient Hospice Program. Accountable for the planning, implementation, direction, and overall management of the total Hospice Program. Insures delivery of the highest quality of care
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, or working toward comparable degree
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience. Home Care and/or Hospice experience highly preferred
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience of health care professionals including RNs, LPNs, and support staff
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care with specific expertise in crisis intervention, family counseling, pain and symptom control, and bedside nursing.
- Demonstrated skill in administrative performance, which includes: strong written and oral communication, supervision of staff, documentation requirements, and service coordination with referral sources, physicians, and other health care professionals
- Ability to execute a supportive, sensitive approach to staff and patient/family.
- Leadership experience dealing with culture change and program development