Love your job!
Live ANYWHERE in the Eastern US as long as it's within an hour drive of a major airport.
Our client, a major and well established company with a good working culture is seeking an Application System Engineer who will
- function as automation consultants to company customers
- be responsible for determining requirements, product selection, customer operational recommendations and for supporting proposal generation for potential customers
- define best practices, develop automated solutions, and enable customers to perform application-specific tasks
- assess customer sites, applications, and assist with customer presentations
- have day-to-day interaction with both internal and external sales management, sales, engineering, product development as well as customers
- have some project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects
- perform occasional PLC and HMI programming, system commissioning, system support, both internal and external training and technical consultation
- lead initiatives to improve on a continuous basis autonomous material transfer
- work with partners to develop complete hands-free solutions for material transfer
- travel sometimes up to 50% including internationally as needed
- do more fun and impactful things!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field or computer science
- engineering experience preferably in the material handling systems industry
- Desired: experience having implemented material handling systems
- Knowledge of PLCs or other controls needed
- automation experience is needed
- must be able to work effectively in groups
- customer interface experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the flexibility to be able to deal with many changes
- Need to have ability to be self directed
- Ability to present technical material to an audience that is technically diverse
- Need to be open to travel up to 50% of the time of which some could be international
- Must be able to stay in Binhamton NY area for an extensive training program.
- Must be authorized to work indefinitely in the USA without sponsorship