- Consumer products manufacturer located in Sterling Heights, MI recently expanded and is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor.
- This client has been in business for 75 years, offers great benefits, growth potential and stability
- Local candidates preferred; sponsorship is not available
- Provide leadership for the maintenance team, plan maintenance projects, troubleshoot equipment issues and serve as a resource for maintenance employees
- Accountable to ensure that the ongoing planning and scheduling of maintenance activities on 2nd shift are effectively executed in a cost-efficient manner.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects and to maintain and implement preventative maintenance system.
- Maintain preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on mixing/ blending/ processing and/or packaging equipment
- Oversee the completion of identified projects, manage work order and direct employees to troubleshoot equipment as necessary
- Coach and develop maintenance teams in preventive/predictive maintenance principles and concepts
- Develop, maintain and administer safety programs
- Investigate and assign resources to maintenance needs as required to support operations
- Ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and ensure cost effective employee performance in the work completed
- Develop and maintain adherence to the operating units’ maintenance budgets
- Learn and utilize the principles of Total Productive Manufacturing, (TPM) including the accountability for failure and countermeasure activity as defined by the plant.
- High school diploma required. Prefer trade school, Associates and/or BS/BA degree in related maintenance field.
- 3+ years of maintenance supervision experience
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing setting as a Maintenance Supervisor. Foods, consumer products or related industry is a plus
- 2+ years of mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting experience. Able to troubleshoot any of the following is preferred: motors, pumps, high speed packaging equipment, robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, 480 volts, VFD’s, PLC’s, etc.
- Experience managing electrical and mechanical technicians
- Excellent leadership skills, able to be self-motivated and manage multiple areas in a large facility on 2nd shift
- Excellent communication skills and able to think on your feet to quickly solve problems
Military veterans preferred