Enjoy working on automation projects in a growing industry! Great opportunity to work at company headquarters based outside of the Atlanta, GA area. As an Automation Engineer, you will be developing PLC and/or SCADA applications and control software, perform startup and testing, and provide training. Develop application software to meet the requirements of project contractual documents while adhering to project methodology.
Requirements: Candidates must have good communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
- 3+ years of Allen Bradley and Modicon or Schneider PLC programming or SCADA experience preferred
- Ability to write code from scratch
- Experience writing control logic for flow, level, pressure, etc. controls
- Experience writing automatic control sequences
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives project requirements and direction through meetings with the Regional or Project Manager and review of the contract documents.
- Produces the System Control Narrative on projects.
- (PLC) Application Engineers develop Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) application programs based on the contract documents and System Control Narrative using the PLC manufacturer’s Programming Software.
- Installs all developed application software and required vendor software, and verifies their proper execution.
- Interfaces company supplied equipment to third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Demonstrates overall system functionality to the Owner/Engineer/Contractor including hardware and network operation, SCADA monitoring and control, displaying data, alarming, and historical data collection for report generation.
- Provides training to operators, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Generates and gathers all required final project documentation.
- Provides technical assistance to Customers.
- Ability to travel up to 40%, most of the travel is local and regional travel in the southeastern US.