Maintenance Manager Summary:
The Maintenance Manager will oversee all welding equipment and personnel for the plant including maintenance engineering staff. They will develop, implement and improve process control systems on all plant equipment.
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
- Initiate preventive maintenance programs to minimize maintenance cost of all production equipment.
- Responsible for managing/mentoring a team of engineers.
- Executes assignments related to maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for relocating machinery and/or equipment; dismantling and removing obsolete or worn out machinery and/or equipment.
- Plans the performance of preventative maintenance activities based upon personal knowledge and interval records of equipment wear and the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding service.
- Develops and maintains key, preferred suppliers and spare part inventories.
- Schedules work to prevent idle time and to provide maximum machine utilization.
- Schedules overtime work among maintenance employees to equalize overtime fairly.
- Determines priority of maintenance job back-log and schedules work accomplished.
- Responsible for up-grading the effectiveness of maintenance personnel.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with instructions relating to maintenance skills, safety, and Company Policy.
- Handles all job-related problems in maintenance honestly and fairly without violation of Company Policies or Procedures.
- Ensure team members have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
Provide leadership in developing measures and practices that that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Provide troubleshooting of production equipment to support manufacturing and maintenance operations.
- Respond to critical production down situations affecting manufacturing.
- Maintain Maintenance software database that controls all Preventative and Predictive Maintenance processes on facilities and equipment.
- Generate and maintain PM schedule.
- Responsible for all plant utilities and seeking ways to reduce costs.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Maintenance Manager Education / Skills:
- Motoman Robotics, Allen Bradley controls, and welding experience required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills and must possess the ability to supervise and motivate employees in a team environment.
- Expert working knowledge of robotic components and integration.
- Proven mechanical aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Working with engineering and quality to address problem areas and collectively come up and implement solutions.
- Must be well experienced with weld automation.