Program, set-up and operate one or more CNC Swiss-type screw machines high-tech manufacturing environment. Monitors the status, wear and efficiency of all tools as they process high-precision products. Interprets and understands blueprints and Work Order for such information as dimensions, tolerances and process operations to be machined. Verify conformance of work piece to blueprint specifications, using various inspection equipment.
- Possess a responsible and proactive attitude, meet attendance guidelines and handle assignments in an exemplary manner.
- Uphold company core values and company’s lean management systems.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, determining root cause for all variation from standards.
- Performs and supports continuous improvement philosophy and activities.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe work habits.
- Ensure adherence in company policy and procedures.
- Share information and collaborate for process improvement throughout the value stream.
- Demonstrate initiative and independent judgment for managing work, assisting team members, addressing unforeseen problems, improving value stream performance and notifying value stream coordinator and/or value stream leader of problems or discrepancies.
- Ability to perform all necessary setup tasks on a variety of screw machine platforms and attached bar feeder. Examples: Proper removal and mounting and setting of all necessary cutting tools, installation and adjustment of collets and bushings, perform MDI functions, edit function and bar feed change over and its settings, etc, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of machines and control functions and their options.
- Possess an intermediate to advanced knowledge of program deciphering.
- Possess a basic to intermediate skill level in trigonometry.
- Ability to make adjustments and changes to the process when parts are out of tolerance.
- Possess an intermediate to advanced skill level in blueprint reading.
- Possess a intermediate to advanced knowledge of cutting tool types and applications
- Loads stock into feed mechanism.
- Start machine and examine for normal operation.
- Replace worn tools and adjust machine tool offsets to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Ability to operate secondary machinery to perform secondary operations simultaneously with running job, whenever possible.
- May use statistical process control techniques.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance tasks.
- Must work within SOP guidelines.
- Accurately records all performed operations in Visual Labor Entry Bar-coding System
- Verify conformance of work piece using various inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, visual comparator, indicators and various gages.
- Understand and adhere to 5S standards and policies.
- Perform all other job duties as required.