As the Controls Technical Specialist, you play a key role in troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control's data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems. Will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment. Will work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
This role is at the Merrick Headquarters in Hereford, Texas where there are a lot of exciting things happening! Join us in our mission to make the best dog and cat food ever!
- Configure, program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Perform Preventive Maintenance for controls and organize electrical/control parts inventory.
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
Education: Associates of Applied Science in a technical discipline, preferably electrical
Experience: 1+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PC-based HMI-systems
Skills: Electrical troubleshooting, PLC logic troubleshooting and programming, technical data interpretation, hardware application specification. Experience in industrial manufacturing facilities