We are seeking experienced and motivated candidates for the position of Senior Buyer. The successful candidate will acquisition and provide timely delivery of all high value equipment, as well as contract development for high value construction, contract service and contract labor expenditures. This position requires collaboration with a range of personnel, from senior managers, to project teams, to individual engineers during project definition, to ensure that adequate time is available for sending out well-developed RFQs or RFPs. The Senior Buyer is also responsible for ad hoc supplier onboarding by executing NDAs, LOIs, MWAs, LTAs and other documents necessary for long-term relationships. This individual is responsible for inventory management and periodic buying of items in one or more commodities purchased in support of company operations.
High-desert, mountainous area near Bakersfield, CA. Lower cost of living than typical California but close to area's that make California a beautiful state to live. Excellent leadership at this chemicals mining site.
- Background in enterprise level purchasing, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of current procurement methods and strategic sourcing supply chain practices.
- Working knowledge of legal aspects, UCC coverage and Incoterms usage for the purchase of goods and services.
- Ability to think analytically and understand and interpret complex data, and solve complicated problems.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for developing solutions.
- Familiarity with structuring, writing and managing supplier contracts.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and leading negotiations.
- Track record of exceeding internal customer expectations.
- Organized with a structured approach to complex work projects.
- Proven ability for writing detailed, complete, error-free RFQ, RFP and contract documents.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with multiple levels of operations personnel, functional staff and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 7 years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, commodity management, supplier relationship management, logistics, supply chain or management consulting.
- Preferred: CPM - Certified Purchasing Manager or CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Management.
The candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and extensive experience creating spreadsheets for data analysis. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Candidate must demonstrate ability to interface with multiple levels of operations personnel, functional staff and senior management.